11 Miler Trail Race
Sunday, Sept 3 | 8 am | Jay, Vermont
The Jay Peak 17.7k Trail Race is a 11 mile race that will push you to your limits but will be rewarded with epic views and the tranquility that only comes from running 20+ miles on a
mountain. This will NOT be your easiest 35.4k. If you go into this with the mindset of setting a PR, you will end up on one of our med atvs….and disappointed. Just come out, have fun and enjoy a FREE pizza and beer after while sharing stories with the elite crowd known as “Jay Peak Trail Race Finishers”…aka “one of the toughest runners in the country.”
Walk or run, if you complete this race, you will forever view other trail races as “cute”.
What you get:
- a well deserved beer (if you are over 21)
- Finishers medal
- epic views (if the weather is clear)
- stocked aide stations
- steel quads and blisters
Please NOTE: Based on feedback from this and dozens of other races we manage, we are offering this event at a below average price with the option to buy a tshirt or other schwag if you decide you like/need them. You will be given the option to add the extra stuff on your registration. We will have items for sale at the race, but will be slightly higher in price and 1st come, 1st served for sizes.
- Well marked course
- Check points to ensure safety and cutoff possibilities
- Fully stocked aide stations (locations and supply list will be emailed to registrants)
- Medical teams on atv’s monitoring the course
- Pacers allowed
- Course debriefing meeting the night before
- The race director is an ultra runner and has run this course MANY times. It was designed and charted from experience, not from a satellite map program
- Elevation gain is roughly 3000+ ft.
- Kilometer markers roughly every 5k
- 1st Place M/F receive 2 ski passes each
- Top 3 M/F receive awards
- Showers available
- Trekking poles allowed
- Jay Peak Run N Stay Deal (you will get this code on your registration confirmation)
- Other FAQ’s can be found here.
Despite the intimidating map, EVERYONE CAN DO THIS. IT will not be your fastest race, but if you come prepared, just keep moving, utilize the aide stations and the energy of your fellow trail runners, then you WILL be the proud owner of a 17.7k medal. If you do drop out, PLEASE let one of the race crew know. It is PERTINENT that you inform one of the race crew so that we do not think you are lost when you don’t come through the next check point.
$55. July 31st- until the race fills up or Aug 29th
You can purchase the following during your registration or by clicking on THIS LINK
Epic Tshirts = +$12. pre race/online ($20. race weekend)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A SHIRT AND YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED…..CLICK HERE.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A HAT AND YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED…..CLICK HERE.
Collector POM POM Hat = $15. pre race/online ($25. race weekend)