Sunday, Sept 2 | 7 am | Jay, Vermont
The Jay Peak 53.1k Ultra Trail Race (33 miles) is a 3 loop (17.7km per lap) race that will challenge the body, mind and even spirit.
Can you complete it? Yes. Will you PR? No.
What you get:
- bragging sticker
- a well deserved beer (if you are over 21)
- finisher medal
- finisher POM POM hat
- epic views (if the weather is clear)
- stocked aide stations
- steel quads and blisters
- possible hallucinations of flat ground
- 10 hour cut off
- Check points to ensure safety and cutoff possibilities
- Fully stocked aide stations (locations and supply list will be emailed to registrants)
- Medical teams on atv’s monitoring the course
- Pacers allowed (please have them check in with chris the director during the sat night debriefing meeting so we can get accurate numbers of how many people are out there.)
- Course debriefing meeting the night before
- The race director is an ultra runner and has run this course MANY times. It was designed and charted from experience, not from a satellite map program
- This is a 3 lap race (11 miles each).
- 1st Place M/F receive a Full Service Ski/ Splash/Spa Weekend at Jay Peak for 2
- Top 3 M/F receive awards
- Showers available after
- Drop Bag stations at 11 , 22 miles
- Trekking poles allowed
- Jay Peak Run N Stay Deal (you will get the code on your registration confirmation)
- Other FAQ’s can be found here.
Please NOTE: Based on feedback from this and dozens of other races we manage, we are offering this event at a below average price with the option to buy a tshirt or other schwag if you decide you like/need them. You will be given the option to add the extra stuff on your registration. We will have items for sale at the race, but will be slightly higher in price and 1st come, 1st served for sizes.
Despite the map, EVERYONE CAN DO THIS. IT will not be your fastest race, but if you come prepared, just keep moving, utilize the aide stations and the energy of your fellow trail runners, then you WILL be the proud owner of a 35.4k medal. If you do drop out, PLEASE let one of the race crew know. It is PERTINENT that you inform one of the race crew so that we do not think you are lost when you don’t come through the next check point.
for our friends that work with km’s better
$53.10. until Jan 30, 2018 That’s $1 per kilometer!
$65. from Jan 31-May 30
$85. May 31st- until the race fills up or Aug 29th
Add a Long Sleeve Tshirt = $15.
Add a POM POM hat = $15
Collector POM POM Hat = $15. pre race/online ($25. race weekend)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A SHIRT or HAT AND YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED…..CLICK HERE.