Sunday, Aug 31 | 6:30 am
The Jay Peak 50k Ultra Trail Race is a 2 loop (25k) race that will challenge the body, mind and even spirit.
Can you complete it? Yes. Will you PR? No.
Online Registration is now closed. You may register at the packet pick up during these times: Friday 4-7 pm Sat 7-10 am Sat 4-7 pm Sun 5:30-6:15 am…no shirt guaranteed = $98.
What you get:
- bragging sticker (“my 50k was harder than your 50k”)
- hearty meal (yes, vegetarian options available)
- a well deserved beer (if you are over 21)
- Finisher Medal
- epic views (if the weather is clear)
- stocked aide stations
- steel quads and blisters
- 9 hour cut off
- Check points to ensure safety and cutoff possibilities
- Fully stocked aide stations (locations and supply list will be emailed to registrants)
- Medical teams on atvs monitoring the course
- Pacers allowed (please have them check in with the director at the start line so we can get accurate numbers of how many people are out there.)
- Course debriefing meeting the night before
- The race director is an ultra runner and has run this course MANY times. It was designed and charted from experience, not from a satellite map program
- Elevation gain is roughly 5000+ ft over 50k
- Kilometer markers roughly every 5k
- 1st Place M/F receive a Full Service Ski/ Splash/Spa Weekend at Jay Peak for 2
- Top 3 M/F receive awards
- Showers available after
- Drop Bag station at 25k
- Trekking poles allowed
- Jay Peak Run N Stay Deal (you will get the code on your registration confirmation)
- Other FAQ’s can be found here.
Online Registration is now closed. You may register at the packet pick up during these times: Friday 4-7 pm Sat 7-10 am Sat 4-7 pm Sun 5:30-6:15 am
(7/2/04) Got to check the trails. They all look good! Need to do some clearing of some of the single track but otherwise, great condition! Just waiting for some permissions that I have to get on an annual basis and once I get those, I will post turn by turn descriptions.
Thank you – Chris Bernier – Race Director
THERE IS NO SHAME in dropping out at 25k. Just let one of the race crew know and we will gladly give you a 25k medal. It is PERTINENT that you inform one of the race crew so that we do not think you are lost when you don’t come through the next check point.