Saturday, Aug 31 @ 11:30 am.
Race Start Moved to STATESIDE LODGE
Voted one of the top 4 kids trail races in the US (Trail Runner Mag)
Devised by parents who both run & direct races all over the country, we saw dozens of kids races that were either
1) afterthoughts & were poorly organized
2) unfair for the younger kids who were competitive, but simply had shorter legs.
So, there had to be a way to fix this. And we believe we have the answer.
HOW IT WORKS
- Kids register (well the parents register them) online or at the event. Online registration is recommended. If the weather is good, we get A LOT of race weekend registrations and cannot guarantee we will have a shirt…(Shirts are sold separately but limited to supplies on hand on race weekend.)
- Pick up your bib and pre race schwag.
- Go to the real start line….Kids get the same professional start line as parents do.
- We take an epic picture as seen on the right.
- Kids will run a course and stop at a sticker station. When they get to as many sticker stations as their age, they turn around. In other words a 5 year old goes to 5 stations then turns around. The oldest kid that can participate is 11. The longest a kid will run is 2.62 miles. So the 5 year old may run a mile while the 11 year old runs the 2.62. Thus making it a pretty fair race. We have had a 4,5,7,8 & 10 year old win in the past. All the kids get a medal and plenty of bling, including but not limited to, a backpack.
- WHEN: Saturday, Aug 31
- WHERE: STATESIDE BASELODGE Pavilion
- START TIME: 11:30am
- Price Schedule:
- $20. until July 4
- $25. Thereafter
PARENT NOTE: Please remember, this was designed by parents & trail runners. The kids run on well marked, safe trails. This is also THEIR race. You are welcome to run WITH them, but let them compete. If you want to compete, we have 6 other races for you to choose from. If you do have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email chris & becky @ [email protected]
- What you get:
- Stocked & manned aid stations
- Cool KIDS finisher medal
- Accurate & well marked course
- Grab n go food at the finish
- Professional chip timing
- Safety check points
- Optional: (must purchase separately)
- Recover Brand Recycled T shirt
- Athletic Fit Hoodie.
- All can be purchased when registering online
- Race Weekend Sign up
- Refund Policy:
- Please email chris @ [email protected] if you need a refund. Here is what you can expect:
- 50% if requested by June 1
- No refunds thereafter
- This applies to registrants, extra meal tickets & merchandise
- Amounts refunded do NOT include fees charged by registration platform. You will have contact them for those.
- PLEASE keep in mind, that we are purchasing our supplies based on registrants as the year goes on. So us keeping your money is not being greedy, but simply covering our expenses. We also commit to donating to certain charities & volunteer groups. When we refund $$, that is money promised that we cannot give. HOWEVER, we get that life happens so we hope that you find our refund policy fair & equitable.
- Want to volunteer or have family / friends that want to volunteer?
- We offer either water park passes or free race registrations
- Please CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Need MORE info? Go to our FAQ page and see if we answer your question there.